Terms & Conditions
Bathrooms Direct Yorkshire Customer Terms and Conditions
In these terms and conditions the following terms shall have the following meanings:
- 'We, Us, Our' – Bathrooms Direct Yorkshire Ltd t/a Bathrooms Direct
- 'You, Your' - The Customer/Consumer
- 'Contract' - Means any order of goods by the Customer that is accepted by Us.
- 'Goods' - Any Goods forming the subject of a Contract including parts of, or materials incorporated in, them as more particularly described upon this Website.
- 'Website' - Our Website, the address of which is: www.bathroomsdirectyorkshire.co.uk
1. Prices and terms of payment
- Bathrooms Direct reserves the right to change or withdraw prices for the products or services it offers for sale without prior notice. If Bathrooms Direct price for any product or service is increased, the price in effect prior to the increase will apply to orders received prior to the effective date of the increase and shipped within a period of 30 days after the effective date of increase.
- Prices are in Sterling Pounds unless otherwise specified.
- All prices contained on our website include VAT (unless otherwise specified). VAT is charged at the correct current rate as set out by the British Government.
- Unless otherwise specified by Bathrooms Direct in writing, all taxes and other charges imposed by federal, state, local, or foreign governments on the manufacture, sale, shipment, import, export, or use of the products or services shall be added to the price and billed to and paid by Buyer. Buyer shall defend, indemnify and hold harmless Bathrooms Direct from and against all liabilities for such taxes or charges and attorneys' fees or costs incurred by Bathrooms Direct in connection therewith.
- In the event that there is a pricing error on the website then Bathrooms Direct will not be bound to honour any orders made at that price. You will be notified immediately that this is the case and Bathrooms Direct will not be held liable.
- Special order items are non-returnable and are often subject to lead time. You will be notified of a delay in order when we come to order your items. We will request your acceptance of any special order and your acceptance of the lead time. Once a special order has been ordered we can not accept cancellation.
- All delivery charges are clearly displayed on the basket stage of your order. These carriage charges are based on standard UK Mainland deliveries using our economy delivery schedule.
- Bathrooms Direct shall reserve the right to make deliveries or perform services in instalments (this will be notified in writing prior to delivery). Partial shipments or performance will be billed as made and payments therefore are subject to the terms of payment referenced herein.
- All delivery indications or completion dates are estimated and are dependent in part upon prompt receipt of all necessary information to service an order. Bathrooms Direct reserves the right to allocate, in its sole discretion, inventories, production, and services when such allocation becomes necessary. In no event will Bathrooms Direct be liable for any premium transportation, re-procurement, or other costs or losses incurred by Buyer as a result of Bathrooms Direct failure to deliver products in accordance with indicated delivery/performance schedules.
- If goods are ordered at the weekend or on a bank holiday, the order on the next working day and delivery dates will vary accordingly. If a delivery would normally fall due over the Christmas shutdown period, the delivery period may be extended to a later date. We endeavour to deliver all goods on time, however delays are possible.
- For large orders, please ensure that someone is available to help the driver move the goods from the delivery van to your premises. Our pallet couriers only supply 1 driver to deliver your order and are not insured or obliged to assist in carrying your goods into/onto your property. The extent of their contract is to wheel your pallet on to your driveway/path, not to physically move them into your garage or property. Deliveries are made to the nearest hard road point and for the avoidance of doubt we are only insured and required to deliver the Goods to your delivery address and not to bring them into a property or install them. For large orders a pallet will invariably be used to transport your Goods, this pallet is your responsibility when delivered to dispose of as deemed necessary. It is not the delivery drivers responsibility to take this away with them.
- We endeavour to deliver most products within 7 days; however some items may take longer due to fluctuating stock levels from our suppliers/manufacturers. All delivery dates given are only and always provisional, whilst we strive to always deliver on a pre-organised, amicable day, sometimes it is completely out of our control that situations arise that we can not foresee. Where we can we will try to notify of a potential problem with deliveries or times, however sometimes it is not always possible to do so. Bathrooms Direct are not bound by any delivery day/dates that either we or our sub-contracted couriers have organised. If the delivery has not taken place through no fault of your own, then Bathrooms Direct will often arrange another suitable date at yours and our convenience. For the avoidance of any doubt we shall not be liable for any loss arising from delay in delivery or non-delivery.
- Before signing for goods please ensure that all products have been carefully inspected for any courier damage. In the case of pallet deliveries please check all goods carefully, and in the unlikely event of damage please return the damaged goods to the driver and take receipt of the good items. A full set of Delivery Guidelines will be emailed to you upon receipt of any order that require a pallet delivery.
- Tradesmen should not be booked until goods are received and checked thoroughly. Bathrooms Direct can not accept liability or 3rd part costs incurred as a result of any delays in despatch. Please allow a suitable timescale before your plumber/installer starts work to the delivery of your goods, so that in the unlikely event of any damages, suitable time can be given to the replacement of said goods.
- All delivery charges are clearly displayed on the basket stage of your order. These carriage charges are based on standard UK Mainland deliveries using our economy delivery schedule. In most instances delivery timescales can be improved however these may be subject to a carriage surcharge. Non UK Mainland Islands i.e Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Shetland Islands etc. Please ring for full details and a price will be given on application. You will be notified prior to delivery if your order incurs a postal surcharge.
- Goods can only be delivered to the customer's address (they cannot be left with a neighbour) and must be checked and signed for. If the delivery is to a communal building like a block of flats, please note that the driver may require help unloading. The Carrier may also ask to see identification before leaving the goods, (to protect us from Credit Card fraud).
3. Damaged/Missing Goods
- Please inspect goods thoroughly before signing, if it is not possible sign the proof of delivery note as "unchecked". You must inform us in writing, via email or fax within 72 hours of delivery if any goods are damaged or missing. We cannot accept liability for damaged goods if you do not inform us within the 72 hours.
4. Inspection of Products
- Products shall be inspected by Buyer upon delivery and services, upon performance. Notice of rejection or claim for shortages, damaged product, or other nonconformity must be submitted by Buyer to Bathrooms Direct in writing within 3 working days of shipment or performance, and must specify the particular respects in which the delivery, products, or services, as applicable, are nonconforming. Buyer shall have no right to exercise any remedial rights until notice of nonconformity has been given to Bathrooms Direct and Bathrooms Direct afforded a reasonable opportunity to cure such nonconformity, if appropriate.
- If you wish to cancel an order please inform us by email (email@example.com) or by telephoning us on 01226 770383. You must provide the following information when cancelling an order: Your Name, Your Order Number, Date of Order, Details of Cancellation. We will acknowledge your request by email and arrange to refund you by your chosen method of payment. If you do not receive an email from us acknowledging your cancellation then your order has not been cancelled.
- Orders that are cancelled after the order has been dispatched will be subject to delivery and returns collection charges incurred.
- We can not accept any cancellations for any Special Order items. You would have been notified if your order was a special order as we would ask for your acceptance of such. Please note that your right to return Goods pursuant to the Distance Selling Regulations 2000 does not apply in this contract where the Goods are manufactured for you, customised to your specifications or specially ordered and non stock items.
6. English Export Laws
- Bathrooms Direct obligations are subject to the export administration and control laws and regulations of England. Buyer shall comply fully with such laws and regulations in the export, resale, or disposition of products.
- Quotations or proposals made, and any orders accepted by Bathrooms Direct from a Buyer outside the UK are with the understanding that the ultimate destination of the products is the country indicated therein. Diversion of the products to any other destination contrary to English law is prohibited. Accordingly, if the foregoing understanding is incorrect, or if Buyer intends to divert the products to any other destination, Buyer shall immediately inform Bathrooms Direct of the correct ultimate destination.
7. Confirming Availability & Price
- Availability information for the titles in our catalogue are listed on each item's detail page. Beyond what we say on that page, we cannot be more specific about availability. As we process your order, we will inform you by e-mail/phone if any items you order turn out to be unavailable. You are most welcome to request availability of items by contacting us by either phone or email. We will then respond immediately with current stock levels taken at the time of enquiry.
- All goods supplied by the Bathrooms Direct are warranted free from defects for 12 months from the date of delivery (unless otherwise stated). This warranty does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
- This warranty does not apply to any defect in the goods arising from fair wear and tear, wilful damage, accident, negligence by you or any third party, use otherwise than as recommended by the Supplier, failure to follow the Suppliers instructions, misuse, or any alteration or repair carried out without the Suppliers approval.
- If the goods supplied to you are damaged on delivery or don't correspond with specification (other than in respect of a bespoke specification), you should notify Bathrooms Direct in writing either via our e-mail address (firstname.lastname@example.org) or fax number shown within the Contact Us section of the website within 3 days from the date of delivery.
- If the goods supplied to you develop a defect in relation to their quality or condition while under warranty you should notify Bathrooms Direct in writing via the e-mail address or fax number shown within the Contact Us section of the website, as soon as possible, but in any event within a reasonable time after discovery of the defect or failure.
- Where any valid claim in respect of any of the goods which is based on any defect in the quality or condition of the goods or their failure to meet specification (other than in respect of a bespoke specification) is notified to Bathrooms Direct in accordance with these conditions of supply, Bathrooms Direct shall be entitled to replace the goods (or the part in question) free of charge or, at our sole discretion, refund you the price of the goods (or a proportionate part of the price), but we shall have no further liability to you.
9. Extent of Liability
- We make every effort to ensure that all descriptions and pictures on our web site are described and reflect the products accurately. However, the descriptions and pictures on our website do not form part of the contract between us and you. They are purely designed to represent a general idea of the goods. We would always recommend that suitable research is under taken by you to ensure you know what you are buying from us and that they are intended for your use.
- We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage which you suffer as a result of any breach of contract by us, including, but not limited to, consequential loss to you and/or loss or damage to the property of third parties. In any event our liability to you arising directly from our negligence will not exceed the invoice value of the Goods. Nothing in this clause will limit our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence. This clause does not affect your statutory rights.
10. Statutory Rights
- Where you as a consumer as defined by the Distance Selling Regulations 2000 your statutory rights are not affected by our Terms and Conditions.
Suggestions or Comments
If you have any suggestions or comments please email email@example.com
Alternatively you can call us on 01226 770383 or write to us:
Bathrooms Direct Yorkshire
Unit 3 Davies Yard
Wakefield Road, Barnsley